CARLO MASCOLO (Altamura – Italy _ 30.04.71) Musician, Composer, Conductor, Teacher, Artistic Director.
He plays: Trombone, prepared trombone and extended techniques, electric guitar, computer music
He studied with Tomaso Lama, Saverio Vizziello, Michele Lomuto, Gianni Lenoci, Stefano Battaglia, Francesco Scagliola and Christian Burchard (Embryo)
Level II Diploma in Jazz. “Nino Rota” Conservatory of Music - Monopoli. Rating: 110/110 Cum Laude
Diploma in Electronic Music and New Technologies. Conservatory of Music “N.Piccinni” Bari. Vote: 9/10
Diploma in Jazz. “Nino Rota” Conservatory of Music. Monopoli. Rating: 9/10
Diploma in Trombone. “E.R.Duni” Conservatory of Music, Matera. Rating: 7/10
Siena Jazz 1991 and 1996 certificates.
Europe Creative project with the EU community with France, Portugal and Denmark (2020) S.H.A.R.E. .
Scholarship "Lifelong Learning Program" Leonardo da Vinci at G.S.M of Ankara.
1st MIUR National Arts Award - jazz section, with the "School Day's Quintet" group.
Radionorba Award "May 1st all year" with "Signor Padrone", best radio piece.
Jazz Net '97 scholarship (Siena).
Expert for more than twenty years in music education through collective workshops and single lessons.
He teaches acoustic and electric guitar, trombone, trumpet, theory and solfeggio, jazz harmony, idiomatic and non-idiomatic improvisation techniques interacting, extended techniques for wind instruments (brass). He has been a teacher of:
- Jazz trombone performance practice and pre-academic courses at the Conservatory of Monopoli. - full time jazz and brass at the ESNCM Conservatory in Jerusalem.
- full time brass, ensemble music in the Al-Kamandjati music center in Ramallah and in the refugee camps of Al-Amari, Qalandia, Deir Ghassane, Jenin (West Bank-Palestine).
- music therapy at the ANFFAS in Altamura, music therapy at the kindergarten and 1st and 2nd grade schools between Altamura and Gravina.
Creator and conductor of the projects: "Kerlox Dub Band" (1999), Orchestra of Improvisers "Bouh Magic Orchestra" (2010), Kerlox Dynamic Band (2011), Ars ReNova (2016), collaborates with dancers, visuals, action painters and poets . He is the artistic director of the Free Flow Festival in Italy (from 2012 to today), the Festival dei Claustri in Altamura (2018/19) and co-artistic director of the European SHARE improvised music project (2020/22).
He recorded and released a solo album and 25 albums with various international artists.
He has played in clubs and festivals in Italy, Germany, Spain, Portugal, France, Austria, Slovenia, the Czech Republic, Belgium, Denmark, Holland, Turkey, West Bank, Morocco, U.S.A., Colombia and Argentina.
He has collaborated with Embryo, Christian Burchard, Michele Lomuto, Gianni Lenoci, Steve Potts, Antonello Salis, Marcello Magliocchi, Vittorino Curci, Mik Quantius, Lothar Stahl, Jens Pollheide, Okay Temiz, Hakan Ali Tocker, Marshall Allen, Charles Gayle, Lori Goldston , Nicola Guazzaloca, Pacho Davila, Moktar Ghania, Allen Blairman, Yuri Parvenov, Abdul Moimeme, Yedo Gibson, Vasco Trilla, Jean- Marc Foussat, Luiz Rocha, Nicolas Chientaroli, Dirar Kalash, Carlos Zingaro, Ada Rave, Renato Ferreira, George Hadow, and many others.
Currently it carries out activities of:
- Performer of improvised music in solo and with in various ensembles in different EU countries.
- Performer of stable projects such as: Kerlox Dub Band Project (I), Kerlox Dynamic 3, Embryo (D), Jelo Posta (D), Ars ReNova (I).
- Teacher of trombone, trumpet, guitar, ensemble music and music therapy;
- From 2012 to today he is president of the ass. Cultural "Muzic Plus" and artistic director of the Free Flow Fest in Italy
MEDIA - Online press:
Daniel Barbiero – Avant Music News
Rui Eduardo Paes – Jazz.pt
Ettore Grazia - Percorsi Musicali