Artist and composer, Valérie Vivancos aka Ocean Viva Silver sailed the Anglo-Saxon artistic and musical undercurrents (Liverpool, Manchester, London, San Francisco, NYC) for 11 years before settling in Paris in 2002. Her practice revolves around composition, improvisation, performance scores, situations and writing protocols that interweave life and fiction and trigger 'curious' experiences. She studied Fine Arts in London and San Francisco (Chelsea, SFAI), English and Sociology in Paris (Sorbonne) and was taught sound arts and electroacoustic composition by David Ryan, Hayley Newman, Laetitia Sonami, Christian Zanesi and Robert Hampson.
She is co-founder of projects focused on experimental music/sound and art including the duo OttoannA and the Double Entendre editions (With Rodolphe Alexis) and often collaborates with other artists (Limpe Fuchs, Jos Smolders, Carl Stone...). She has worked with the GRM, Collectif MU, Fair_Play network among other music-related organisations. She also writes and translates poetic, literary, journalistic and theoretical texts (Pompidou Centre, Editions Mego, Ina-GRM, Robot Records, MU asso, Shelter Press, Revue & Corrigée, Editions JOU).
She has run sound/art workshops in Brazil, invited people to sleep in an underground bunker in Denmark, spatialised music in a Planetarium, on a boat sailing the Danube, Improvised a performance with sounding objects in Hong Kong, in a church in Auvergne, created soundtracks for answering machines, cctvs, binaural streams, dance, received commissions for art, electroacoustic and radio pieces, curated deliberately inclusive events.
Her work has been featured in international art centers (Palais de Tokyo, Gaîté Lyrique, Leroy Neiman Gallery, Overgaden gallery, ICA, Barbican Centre, Mudam, Parque das Ruinas, Black Box Theater HK, Musée Réatu...) ; music venues and festivals (Présences Électronique, Présences, Poitiers Planétarium, European Sound Delta, Futura, The Dark Outside, Nuit Blanche, Sonic Dreams, JRM, Le Mans Sonore, Ecotone Bxl, ...); dance and performance centers (CND, Le Silo, Mado Robin, Bertin Poirée, Micadanses, Ri.ves Valcivières), as well as radios (France Culture, France Musique, Rte Lyric, Phaune, Radia Network, Kunstradio, Resonnance FM, Jet FM, Panik, RTBF, Tesla FM, Station Essence, Station-Station, LYL Radio, πnode...) notably hosted by Thomas Baumgartner, Kassel Jaeger (François Bonnet), Kate Carr, Nastasia Hadjadji, Anne Montaron, Jean Yves Leloup ... She has received institutional awards, residencies and commissions (GRM, Radio France, France Musique, France Culture, Scam, Gulliver, RTBF, EMS, Harvestworks, SCRIME).
She has released 5 albums : Echolalia (Mare/Moto 2014), The Sleep in Opera (The Sublunar Society 2016), Îpe (Industrial Coast 2020), trommeln dialogue electric with Limpe Fuchs (Tsuku Boshi 2022), Ħal Saflieni (Tsuku Boshi 2022)
ONCOING & UPCOMING________________________June 2023 to February 2024
- 3 June 2023: "Slippery Seas" (2016) curated by PHAUNE Radio featured at Radiophonie Festival - Toulouse
- 17 June 2023: "Payvagues" Literary concert with Florence JOU - Maison de La Poésie - Paris
- 3 to 9 July 2023: Residency with Limpe FUCHS - QO2 - Brussels
- 8 July 2023 Concert with Limpe FUCHS - QO2 - Brussels
- 9 July 2023 Second Sundays Listening Session - QO2 - Brussels
- 30 August - 3 September 2023 Ri.ves: Rencontres d'improvisation dance-musique de Valcivières (continuation of Barre Phillips' CEPI)
- September - Interview/Portrait of Limpe FUCHS in Revue&Corrigée Magazine
- 6 September - Broadcast on my Second Sundays session (for Q-O2) on Lyl Radio, Brussels
- 5 October - Payvagues with Florence JOU - Maison de la Poésie de Bordeaux
- 14 October - DJ Set for Souffle Continu's 15th Anniversary - Paris
- 16 to 29 October 2023: Composition Residency - InaGRM - Paris
- 24 October 2023: UBIQUE with Virginie MIELNIEZUCK, ECS, Paris
- 5 November 2023: Premiere of a piece commissioned by InaGRM - Studio 104 Maison de la Radio - Paris
- 2 December 2023 : Terra Incognitae with Kamilya JUBRAN and Soizic LEBRAT // Payvagues with Florence JOU - Festival Instants Fertiles, Saint Nazaire
- 21 February 2024 - Payvagues with Florence JOU - Maison de la Poésie de Nantes
Composition for dance:
- "Ubique" by choreographer Virginie Mielniezuck
- "Passage" by choreographer Keiko Abe